- Social distancing is not always possible on a bus or on a raft. For this reason, if you would like to wear a face covering either on the bus or on the river please bring one with you. Both paper and cloth face coverings are encouraged and sometimes required for the bus ride, and if you do not have one, we can provide one to you. For safety reasons, only cloth face coverings will be allowed on the river. If you would like to wear a face covering while on the raft, please bring one with you as they will not be provided.
- All of our equipment will be properly cleaned after every use, and common touch points will frequently be disinfected.
- There are occasions when our staff members will be wearing gloves and masks for their safety and yours, for example when handling equipment that customers have used.
- Our staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
Arriving at the Meeting Location
- For those meeting at the RV Parking Lot, please arrive15 minutes prior to the departure of your trip. Eg. if your trip leaves at 9:00AM, please arrive by 8:45AM.
For those doing the Sunwapta Self-Drive, please arrive45 minutes after the departure time from town. Eg. If you are booked for the 12:00PM trip, please arrive at the Highway 93 pullout by 12:45PM.
- When you arrive, you will see a school bus (yellow or blue) with rafts loaded onto a trailer behind it. Our staff will be outside the bus waiting to greet you.
- Please approach a waiting staff member (they should be clearly identifiable by their proximity to the bus and rafting t-shirts or rain coats). If staff members are all occupied by other customers, please wait patiently 6 feet away from the other group.
- The staff member will welcome you, offer you hand sanitizer, remind you that social distancing is not possible on a raft, ask you if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 and have you to sign a waiver. They will then escort you to the bus.
The Bus Ride
Passengers on the bus will be organized to allow for the most possible social distance between groups. That being said, maintaining the 6 feet of distance will not always be possible. For this reason, in keeping with government recommendations, we invite you or sometimes may require you to wear a face covering while on the bus. If you do not bring your own face covering we can provide one for you.
Arriving at the River, and Gearing-Up
- Groups will gear-up with the people in their booking group while others observe a safety demonstration.
- There is a public outhouse that is maintained by Parks Canada at the beginning of each trip which is available for your use.
- It is highly recommended that you wear a bathing suit underneath of your regular clothing, or underwear that you don't mind getting wet. We will provide you with the following equipment:
- Life Jacket
- Helmet (on the Sunwapta River only)
- Splash Jacket (weather dependent)
- Fleece Sweater (weather dependent)
- Toque/Beanie (Wwather dependent)
- Gloves (weather dependent)
- All of our equipment will be washed according to the manufacturers recommendations after every use.
On the River
- When you are on the river, the trip will run fairly similarly to a pre-COVID trip.
- Social distancing is not always possible on a raft. For this reason, if you would like to wear a cloth face covering on the raft, please bring one along. Paper face coverings will not be allowed for safety reasons.
- We will do our best to limit one group to each raft. If you are in a group of 4 or more, your group will likely be the only group on the raft. If you are an individual or group of 2 we will try to add another 2.
For further information on our COVID-19 precautions and procedures, please refer to following document:COVID-19_Best_Practices.pdf