Rafting during COVID-19
Effective May 1, 2022
We have no Covid 19 restrictions at this time. Daily sanitizing of all gear and equipment will continue. While travelling in our transportation, masks are recommended, but not required. Please note that requirements may change based on provincial health recommendations.**
Please do not join us if you are testing positive or experiencing Covid 19 symptoms. Please call our office to reschedule your tour.
- Masks are recommended while travelling on our buses.
Arriving at the Meeting Location
All Trips: RV Parking Lot
Sunwapta Self-Drive: Highway 93 Pullout
- For Athabasca Mile 5 and Athabasca Falls trips departing from the RV Parking Lot, please arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure of your trip. Eg. if your trip leaves at 12:00pm, please arrive by 11:45AM.
For those doing the Class 3 Sunwapta with town pick up, please arrive at the RV Parking area 1 hour prior to trip time. For those doing the Sunwapta Self-Drive, please arrive 15 minutes prior to time from and note it takes approximately 45 minutes to drive from the townsite. Eg. If you are booked for the 9:45am trip, please arrive at the Highway 93 pullout by 9:30am.
- When you arrive, you will see a school bus (yellow or blue) with rafts loaded onto a trailer behind it. Our staff will be outside the bus waiting to greet you.
- Please approach a waiting staff member (they should be clearly identifiable by their proximity to the bus and rafting t-shirts or rain coats). If staff members are all occupied by other customers, please wait patiently.
- The staff member will welcome you, have you to sign a waiver. They will then escort you to the bus.
The Bus Ride
Masks are not required, but are recommended.
Arriving at the River, and Gearing-Up
It is highly recommended that you wear a bathing suit underneath of your regular clothing, or underwear that you don't mind getting wet. We will provide you with the following equipment:
- Life Jacket
- Helmet (on the Sunwapta River only)
- Splash Jacket (weather dependent)
- Fleece Sweater (weather dependent)
- Toque/Beanie (weather dependent)
- Gloves (weather dependent)
All of our equipment will be washed daily according to the manufacturers recommendations.
On the River
- When you are on the river, the trip will run similarly to a pre-COVID trip.
- Social distancing is not always possible on a raft. For this reason, if you would like to wear a cloth face covering on the raft, please bring one along. Paper face coverings will not be allowed for safety reasons. Anyone on your raft, including your guide may choose to wear a mask if they wish.